KPMG China and Hong Kong are running KPMG Connected, a virtual career event which is open to students from China and Hong Kong. The event will be held over three days and will give you the chance to learn all about life at KPMG including internships and graduate opportunities, advice from senior staff and an opportunity to be fast tracked through the application process.
1st Day – 19th July – Mandarin.
New perspective on KPMG (4:00-6:00PM)
Tina Wang, Partner, Audit
John Wang, Partner, Tax
Jessica Xu, Partner, Advisory
Recruiter live chat open (6:00-7:30PM)
2nd Day – 20th July – English.
New perspective on KPMG (6:00-8:00PM)
Samson Yue, Partner, Audit
Stanley Ho, Partner, Tax
Alva Lee, Director, Advisory
Recruiter live chat open (8:00-9:30PM)
3rd Day – 21st July – English.
How to land your first job in today’s digital world (3:00-4:30PM)
Polly Yip, Head of Human Resources, KPMG China
Eric Yee, Head of Talent Solutions for North Asia, LinkedIn
Recruiter live chat open (4:30-6:00PM)
Get a chance to interview with KPMG after the event!
All students who answer three short multiple-choice questions after the presentation will
qualify for one of our exclusive prizes – an opportunity to be fast-tracked through to the
first stages of our selection process:
– Every day 120 participants will be selected to take the KPMG aptitude tests.
– Every day 25 participants will be invited to interview for internship or
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to be fast-tracked through to the first stages!
Further details and how to register can be found here.
• Paid Internship programme for 2 to 6 months
• Multidisciplinary Opportunities
• Enhance your skills, experience and knowledge
• Available from Summer 2016
• India-One of the fastest growing large economies in the
• To re-connect with your roots and work in a dynamic
• Work in one of the biggest global markets
• Indian-origin/students of Indian heritage/descent and
Non Resident Indian (NRI) students pursuing Post
Graduate programmes outside India in Management
/Engineering / Science & Technology
• The programme includes stipend & accommodation
|Airfare to be borne by participants| Specific Terms and
conditions vary in each internship opportunity
For full details click on the flyer below:
OIFC’s India Corporate Internship – flyer
Sponsored by Teach First, the Durham Careers & Internship Fair (formerly the Employer Information Fair) offers you a chance to meet representatives from a wide range of organisations and informally discuss the breadth of career paths open to you.
This annual two-day event, held in the Howlands Building near Ustinov and Josephine Butler Colleges gives you the opportunity (whatever your year of study) of talking, face to face, with people in the sectors that interest you; you may wish to explore graduate vacancies, internships and career prospects within particular businesses, public services or not-for-profit sectors.
Many of the employers attending are Tier 2 registered organisations which recruit international applicants.
So why not come along to the Fair where you will receive a friendly and informative welcome from all those present.
The British Council is looking to recruit confident and enthusiastic students to take up the positions of Education UK student ambassadors this summer.
The student ambassadors will provide support to the Education team in Hong Kong, to co-ordinate and work onsite at various education-related events, give presentations, provide information to students preparing to study abroad, write informative articles based on personal experience of studying in the UK and take part in media interviews, as well as other exciting projects.
|Key presentation dates
|Saturday 19 July 2014
||Pre-departure briefing (in Cantonese)
|Saturday 9 August 2014
||Pre-departure briefing (in Cantonese)
|Saturday 16 August 2014
||Pre-departure briefing (in English)
at Education UK exhibition
Applicants should have:
• Knowledge and experience of both the UK and Hong Kong education sector, and are currently studying at a UK university
• An interest in public speaking
• Excellent presentation skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Cantonese
• All other competencies on the job description (see below link for details)
The remuneration package includes a salary of HKD50 per hour, on 6-8 week contract. The first day of work is on 2 July 2014.
For further information and to apply, please click here.
Closing date for applications is 13 May 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, in person, or via Skype if required.
KPMG China will be holding the ‘My Future, My Say’ Competition between 1 May and 30 June 2013. All full-time university students are welcome to visit vcf.kpmg.com.cn to join this competition and will have the opportunity to win Apple products or even be offered an internship at KPMG!
Participants can take part as individuals or in teams. They can choose one of the three categories (video, song or graphic design) to present the theme ‘KPMG through my eyes’. Further details can be found by clicking here. All entries should be submitted by the 31st of May 2013. After KPMG’s preliminary screening, those videos/songs/designs that are selected will be posted online for voting. The final winners will be chosen based on both the online voting results and the opinions of the organising committee.
Up to four UK Ambassadors will be offered an internship opportunity to work closely with
the British Council Hong Kong in developing and promoting Education UK activities this
summer. Training will be provided to support their work.
Through this programme, we hope to enhance the image of a UK education through the
sharing of experiences from those who are a living proof of the relevance, excellence and
enjoyment of a UK learning experience.
The programme aims to create a stronger connection amongst students who are currently
studying in the UK, UK alumni and Hong Kong students who are seeking advice before
embarking on a UK education. The selected UK Ambassadors will become our partners in
developing and promoting Education UK activities and providing more personalised advice
related to UK education to prospective students.
1. Recent graduates from a UK institution, who are keen to share their UK experiences
with prospective students in Hong Kong
2. Hong Kong students who are currently studying at a UK university, college or
Role of UK ambassadors
• invite and encourage network members considering a UK education to ask questions
about studying in the UK, and to respond to their enquiries
• sharing links to Education UK web-pages with network members in their preferred
social network and local online discussion forums
• offer information based on personal UK experience
• work together on a special project to promote UK study
• provide onsite and administrative support at a range of Education UK events
4 May 2013 Education UK Ambassador Internship Programme opens for application
Monday 24th May 2013 application deadline
Applicants must be:
• permanent residents of Hong Kong (SAR)
• over 18 years of age
• currently studying at a UK university, college, or secondary school or recently graduated from a UK institution
• regularly available and have an outgoing personality
• familiar with different social media networks and have passion in writing for web and other forms of social media
• fluent in English and Chinese
Benefits to UK ambassadors
If you have been selected as an ambassador, apart from a financial reward, you will also
be able to:
• gain invaluable work experience at the British Council Hong Kong to enhance your
• receive performance feedback to equip yourself for future employment opportunities
• expand your personal network
• receive a certificate upon successful completion of the programme Application method
Please complete the application form and return by email to
May Yuk Lee
British Council Hong Kong
KPMG are looking for outstanding candidates for their Summer season consulting internships in Hong Kong. They have a rapidly expanding and successful consulting practice and are looking for students from China or Hong Kong for all of their consulting functions: IT Advisory; Business Performance Services; Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance; Financial Risk Management; and Actuarial.
Second year undergraduates are invited to apply online and select ‘Advisory’ as your career preference. You must be available from mid-June to mid-August 2013. The deadline is Friday 22nd of March 2013. For further information click here.