McKinsey & Company, a leading strategy consulting firm, helps world clients in the public, private and third sectors to meet their biggest strategic and operational challenges. Their goal is to provide distinctive and long-lasting performance improvements – in short, it is about having an impact and making a difference.
If you interested in working in a global McKinsey office outside of the UK then you should apply for their International Afternoon Tea on Thursday, October 30th in London.
The event is designed for international students looking to return to their home country outside of the UK or for those interested in working in an international office to further their career.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet consultants from a wide range of international offices and to learn more about the work, people, and global career opportunities.
They will have representation globally from across Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Canada and the Emerging Markets. Their international offices are excited about the talent that resides at UK universities and hence look forward to meeting you.
They welcome penultimate and final year students from Bachelor and Master’s degrees of any discipline to apply to this event. Please note that you will need to have the language fluency of the office(s) in which you express an interest.
To attend this event please create an account and attach your CV and don’t forget to include your language fluency and office preference(s).
You will be notified at least 3 working days prior to the event to let you know if you have been successful in securing a place.
Travel costs for those attending from outside of London will be reimbursed.
If you are a Hong Kong national looking for a high-flying career in the banking industry, the Hang Seng Bank Management Trainee Programme is an excellent place to begin your journey. Offered in Retail Banking and Wealth Management this three-year, fast-track programme is intense and challenging. It provides comprehensive classroom training, exposure to China and overseas business, job attachments, support in attaining professional qualifications and senior management mentorship in specialised disciplines. Most importantly, the programme gives you exposure to the best global banking practices and the opportunity to develop your career in a financial institution that has ranked as the ‘Best Domestic Bank in Hong Kong’ for the past 13 years and was recently identified as the ‘Most Attractive Employer’ in Hong Kong’s banking and financial services sector.
They are looking to recruit passionate individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any discipline from an accredited university
- Less than three years’ working experience
- Excellent written English and Chinese, and fluent spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Strong business acumen and analytical ability
- Strong self-motivation and drive to achieve excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of serving as a role model for displaying openness, teamwork and integrity
If you are ready to rise to the challenge, act now and apply online at their website.
Application deadline is June 15, 2014.
Applicants who are not contacted within one month may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Unilever, a leading consumer goods company, makes some of the world’s best loved brands: Dove, Flora, Tresemmé, Comfort, Knorr and Marmite to name a few. 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product, which are sold in 180 countries.
They employ 167,000 people globally and are recruiting future leaders from Africa, China and Russia and are targeting nationals of those countries studying in the UK for their Future Leaders Programme. Opportunities are open to final year undergraduates, masters and PhD students of all disciplines to start an amazing career with them in the summer/autumn of 2014.
Depending on location opportunities exist in:
- Customer Development (Sales)
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Research & Development
Follow the link to find out more about the relevant programme in Africa, Russia or China. The Unilever website features valuable advice on the application process and hints and tips to help you to succeed.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Manulife Asset Management ® is the institutional asset management arm of Manulife Financial Corporation. Manulife Asset Management manages balance sheet money for Manulife’s insurance business, institutional assets on behalf of pension plans, endowment funds, and financial services companies. They also manage retail funds through Manulife Financial and John Hancock distribution networks as well as for other financial institutions with more than 300 investment professionals worldwide.
The Investment Global Rotation Program is designed to develop talented graduates to be future investment professionals. They are keen to recruit Durham University business or finance related finalists and Masters students for the following position, starting in the summer/autumn of 2014:
Investment Global Rotation Program (HK) 2014:
- A comprehensive 24- month rotation program in different functional areas
- An intensive on- the-job training and personal development program
- Provides diverse experience and generates career opportunities
- Through a variety of assigned six-month rotations, candidates will have the opportunity to gain experience in five functional areas in Hong Kong and exposure in other Asia offices on a short term assignment:
- An individual development plan helps you build your skills and extend your competencies as your career progresses
- A mentor from the senior management team will be assigned to give you guidance and encouragement
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, financial or investment analysis techniques
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, creative and show initiative while working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Solid computer experience using Excel, Word and Powerpoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new software packages
- Self-driven and result oriented
Click here and log in to see further details and how to apply.
Please note the deadline of 31st of October.
Deloitte China and Hong Kong are recruiting Chinese (including Hong Kong) students studying undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications overseas for all 5 functions including Audit, Tax, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory Services and Consulting for all branch offices in mainland China and Hong Kong.
They are targeting those with or studying:
- degrees in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Economics, Law, Computer Science, Management, Information Systems, and other business-related areas
- proficiency to read, write, and speak Mandarin for China and with a good command of Cantonese for Hong Kong
- eligibility to work in China or Hong Kong
If you are a current finalist or masters student you can apply and start work when you complete your course. Durham students and graduates have an excellent success rate in applications to Deloitte. Click here to see previous success stories.
The role of a shipbroker is to act as an intermediary between the two parties to a contract, whether they are Shipowners and Charterers in the chartering market, or buyers and sellers in the Sale and Purchase market.
Howe Robinson and Company was established in London in 1883. It has since grown into one of the largest privately-owned dry-cargo and containership broking houses in the world, with about 100 brokers based in the London head office and our branch offices overseas.
They are looking for graduate trainees who are highly motivated with a flexible and outgoing personality, good communication skills and most importantly fluent in Mandarin. After initial training in London you would have an opportunity to work in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore or Tokyo. If you are interested in this rare opportunity please forward a cover letter and CV to Sarka Geere at email@example.com.