The British Council will run a series of Alumni UK Career Development workshops from the 8th to the 16th of March 2014 across mainland China.
They are working in partnership with Zhaopin.com to invite well known businesses to take part in the events.
By participating, Chinese students and graduates will be able to better understand the job market in China, as well as seek job opportunities and better guidance on long-term career planning. Participants will also have the chance to interact with business representatives who will be able to offer career development advice and information on their own job opportunities.
|Shanghai||08 March 2014 (Saturday)||Crowne Plaza Shanghai, (No.400, Fanyu Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai)|
|Beijing||09 March 2014 (Sunday)||Landmark Tower Beijing, (No.8, North Dongsanhuan Rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing)|
|Chengdu||15 March 2014 (Saturday)||Kempinski Hotel Chengdu, (No.42, 4th section, Renmin South Road, Chengdu)|
|Guangzhou||16 March 2014 (Sunday)||Ramada Hotel Guangzhou, (No.9, Mingyue 1st Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou)|
Please click here for further information and to sign up for this event.
To participate you must register for the event in advance at www.alumniuk.org.cn and unless registered you will not be permitted to take part.
For enquiries, please contact:
Unilever, a leading consumer goods company, makes some of the world’s best loved brands: Dove, Flora, Tresemmé, Comfort, Knorr and Marmite to name a few. 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product, which are sold in 180 countries.
They employ 167,000 people globally and are recruiting future leaders from Africa, China and Russia and are targeting nationals of those countries studying in the UK for their Future Leaders Programme. Opportunities are open to final year undergraduates, masters and PhD students of all disciplines to start an amazing career with them in the summer/autumn of 2014.
Depending on location opportunities exist in:
- Customer Development (Sales)
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Research & Development
Follow the link to find out more about the relevant programme in Africa, Russia or China. The Unilever website features valuable advice on the application process and hints and tips to help you to succeed.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Manulife Asset Management ® is the institutional asset management arm of Manulife Financial Corporation. Manulife Asset Management manages balance sheet money for Manulife’s insurance business, institutional assets on behalf of pension plans, endowment funds, and financial services companies. They also manage retail funds through Manulife Financial and John Hancock distribution networks as well as for other financial institutions with more than 300 investment professionals worldwide.
The Investment Global Rotation Program is designed to develop talented graduates to be future investment professionals. They are keen to recruit Durham University business or finance related finalists and Masters students for the following position, starting in the summer/autumn of 2014:
Investment Global Rotation Program (HK) 2014:
- A comprehensive 24- month rotation program in different functional areas
- An intensive on- the-job training and personal development program
- Provides diverse experience and generates career opportunities
- Through a variety of assigned six-month rotations, candidates will have the opportunity to gain experience in five functional areas in Hong Kong and exposure in other Asia offices on a short term assignment:
- An individual development plan helps you build your skills and extend your competencies as your career progresses
- A mentor from the senior management team will be assigned to give you guidance and encouragement
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, financial or investment analysis techniques
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible, creative and show initiative while working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Solid computer experience using Excel, Word and Powerpoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new software packages
- Self-driven and result oriented
Click here and log in to see further details and how to apply.
Please note the deadline of 31st of October.
I am working as a business consultant at Lombard Risk (in the City of London), a financial services firm. I specialise in regulatory reporting for banking clients and create automated reports of credit risk and liquidity risk to the Bank of England and European Banking Authority.
I chose to study the MSc in International Banking and Finance at the University of Durham Business School due to the excellent academic teaching, fantastic international reputation, plus the very beautiful location.
I really enjoyed my Advanced Financial Theory lectures and seminars. The teacher provided ample opportunity to present ideas in front of the whole class. I also appreciated the help from my dissertation professor who was really knowledgeable and professional. I learnt a lot from our one to one sessions.
I applied to Lombard Risk because I was very interested in the regulatory reporting/compliance sector, and it is one of the top leaders in the market to provide compliance solutions for banks and investment firms.
I discovered this opportunity on efinancialcareers.com. After the initial application I completed three rounds of interviews with managers and directors which required substantial research and preparation.
I very much appreciated help from Durham University Careers, Employability and Enterprise Centre. This provides students with lots of tips and information about the current job market and how to secure a job before you complete your studies. They helped me to review my CV and practice a mock face to face interview. I found this support extremely helpful, so you should make the most of it while you are at Durham to save you lots of trouble and help you avoid silly mistakes during your job hunting.
Deloitte China and Hong Kong are recruiting Chinese (including Hong Kong) students studying undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications overseas for all 5 functions including Audit, Tax, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory Services and Consulting for all branch offices in mainland China and Hong Kong.
They are targeting those with or studying:
- degrees in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Economics, Law, Computer Science, Management, Information Systems, and other business-related areas
- proficiency to read, write, and speak Mandarin for China and with a good command of Cantonese for Hong Kong
- eligibility to work in China or Hong Kong
If you are a current finalist or masters student you can apply and start work when you complete your course. Durham students and graduates have an excellent success rate in applications to Deloitte. Click here to see previous success stories.
The Employer Information Fair organised by the Careers Employability and Enterprise Centre, here at Durham University, offers you a chance to meet representatives from a wide range of organisations and informally discuss the breadth of career paths open to you.
This annual two day event, held in Durham Students’ Union, Dunelm House, on the 16th and 17th of October, gives you the opportunity (whatever your year of study) of talking, face to face, with people in the sectors that interest you; you may wish to explore graduate vacancies, internships and career prospects within particular businesses, public services or non-for-profit sectors.
Please note that thorough preparation is essential. Investigate who is attending on each day and create a short list of employers to visit and a list of questions to ask that are not covered on their website. Some employers use this event to spot future talent so it is important to be professional and courteous at all times.
There will also be representatives from the Careers Employability and Enterprise Centre to answer questions throughout the day.
KPMG‘s recruitment campaign for their Autumn 2013 starters is now open.
- Are a national of Hong Kong or China?
- Are you planning to return home after you complete your final year or master’s degree?
- Do you have a real interest in business and a desire to continue learning?
- Are you committed to a career in the financial services?
You are advised to apply early to avoid disappointment. They only accept online applications so visit their website today and click on ‘Overseas Graduates Applications’ to set your career in the right direction.
Deloitte China and Hong Kong have opened their overseas campus recruitment campaign. They are very interested in hearing from Durham University students.
Opportunities are aimed at final year undergraduate or master’s Chinese students with the backgrounds shown below:
• Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Economics, Law, Computer Science, Management, Information Systems, and other business-related areas
• Proficiency to read, write, and speak Mandarin for China and with a good command of Cantonese for Hong Kong
• Eligible to work in China or Hong Kong
They are recruiting for roles in Audit, Tax, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory Services and Consulting. Details of all vacancies, along with instructions on how to apply can be found here.